Using the Natural Power of Essential Oils to Overcome Addictive Behaviours
Are you addicted? What is addiction?
Addiction is an obsession, compulsion, or extreme psychological dependence that interferes with an individual’s ability or desire to function normally.
Common addictions include drugs, alcohol, coffee, tobacco, sugar, video games, work, gambling, money, explicit images, compulsive overeating, etc.
Simple Solutions-Addictions: Diffuse grapefruit oil using an aromatherapy diffuser to help calm and soothe withdrawal symptoms.
The Road to Recovery
Individuals struggling with addictions typically fail to quit for some of the following reasons:
- Fear of withdrawal symptoms or life change
- Lack of motivations or low self-esteem
- Denial of substance abuse or addictions
- Unrealistic expectations of the recovery process
Essential Oils Uses
Some aromatic uses include dispersing the oil into the air with a diffuser, inhaling the oil directly from the bottle, or wearing the oil as a perfume or cologne.
Some topi8ca uses include applying the oil with a compress, using the oil in a massage, adding the oil to bathwater, or applying the oil directly to the skin.
Some internal uses include taking the oil in a capsule, adding the oil to a beverage, or placing a couple drops of oil under he tongue.
BY USING ESSENTIOAL OILS, ONE CAN CHANGE THE ATTITUDE TOWARD LIFE AND REMOVE THE NEED FOR IMMEDIATE RELIEF THROUGH HARMFUL ADDICTIONS.
- It used for all addictions
- Regulates appetite control
- Helps relieve tension
- Is a strong antidepressant
- Helps break the relapse cycle
- Reduces cravings for nicotine
- Helps calm withdrawal anxiety
- Increases cellular oxygenation
- Is a powerful antioxidant
- Increases serotonin levels
- Works on a wide range of pathogens
- Helps heal mouth tissues
- Lessens the desire to smoke
- Decreases oral sensitivity
- Opens the heart to release anger
- Is antidepressant and refreshing
- Allows a deeper connection to oneself, others, and Deity
- Softens resentments
- Appetite Regulation
- Anorexia and Bulimia
- Reduces hangover ailments
- Drug Addictions
- Relief from withdrawal issues
- Gently6 detoxifies the liver
- Helps the body change from an acidic state to an alkaline state
- Reduces dehydration
- Is a strong antidepressant
- Is a strong antidepressant
- Reduces acute feelings of anxiety and stress
- Reduces insomnia (periodic and chronic)
- Cleans scrapes and wounds
- Helps the liver reject and discharge poisons
- Calms anxiety, irritability, and nervousness
- Reduces depression and creates emotional stability
- Improves memory and concentration
- Helps with intestinal infection, stomach cramps, and diarrhea
- Is beneficial for arthritic pain and stiffness of joints
USING THE FOLLOWING ESSENTIOAL OILS IN THE RECOVERY PROCESS ILL HELP REDUCE WITHDRAWAL SYPTOMS AND IMPROVE MOTIVATION TO OVERCOME ADDICTION:
Oils: lemon, Roman chamomile, thyme, rosemary, juniper berry, grapefuit (withdrawal), lavender, basil, eucalyptus, marjoram.
Oils: black pepper, clove
Oils: Lemon, Lime, Citronella, Pine
Oils: lavender, grapefruit, orange, sandalwood, marjoram
Oils: lavender, basil, marjoram, geranium
Eating disorder: bergamot, rosemary, cinnamon ,grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, Ginger
Prescription drugs: orange, Roman chamomile, bergamot
Street drugs: grapefruit, bergamot, Roman chamomile, geranium
Diffuse into the air. Inhale the aroma of the oil directly.
Dilute as recommended, and apply to temples or to reflex points.
Body System Affected: Detox, Emotional Balance
REDUCE STRESS TO AVOID ADDICTIONS
Research shows that DIFFUSING essenential oils has multi-dimensional benefits, including the following:
- Relaxation of the mind and body
- Improvement of mental clarity
By REDUCING STRESS and IMPROVING MENTAL CLARITY, individuals have an easier time avoiding addictive substances and habits. In addition to preventing individuals from turning to addictions, diffusing essential oils into the air can help calm the inflammation and pain caused by substance abuse.
Recipe for soothing nasal passages and lungs to provide an overall sense of well-being:
Diffuse two drops each of eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, and melaleuca.
Detoxificaion is the act of clearing toxins out of the body. These toxins may be addictive drugs, alcohol, or any other harmful substance.
Oils: Helichrysum, rosemary, juniper berry, coriander
Dilute as recommended, and apply to liver area, intestines, and reflex points on the feet.
Detoxification Blend: The oil of Vitality & Transition
Detoxification Blend is designed to cleanse the organs and systems of the body. Emotionally, this blend assist during times of transition and change. I can assist an individual in “detoxing” old habits and limiting beliefs. When an individual has felt trapped by self-sabotaging behaviours, Detoxification Blend paves the way for new life experiences. It aids in letting go of behaviours that are destructive to one’s health and happiness. It is especially helpful during major life changes which require adjustments in habit and lifestyle, such as altering diet, quitting smoking, or leaving a toxic relationship.
Detoxification Blend reawakens vital life energy. It also assists an individual in discovering new energy and vitality by encouraging the release of physical and emotional toxins. This blend aids a person find new enthusiasm for life. As individuals let go of limiting beliefs, behaviors, and lifestyles, they have greater room to receive. As a result, they are able to see life from a fresh perspective and embrace new experiences.
Ingredients: Tangerine, Rosemary, Geranium.
Negative Emotions: Difficulty with transitions, toxic habits, limiting beliefs, apathy
Positive Properties: Unrestricted, revitalized, clear, embracing new experiences
“I Am Whole” – Detox Blend
“I Am Whole” is for those who feel they are broken and not good enough. This blend reminds you that you are already perfect in the eyes of God. You are greatly loved and cherished. It’s the delusion that we are empty that creates destructive patterns such as food addiction, drug or alcohol addiction, gambling addiction, excessive gaming, phone addiction and other negative behaviors. In essence, this is a spiritual crisis. I Am Whole is the blend of choice to free you from unhealthy obsessive patterns.
Frankincense helps you see your divine nature.
Juniper Berry releases the fear of not being good enough.
Wold Orange helps you taste the sweetness of life, and remind you that there is much to live for.
Rosemary helps with the transition from feeling broken to feeling whole.
Myrrh takes you out of the “flight or fight” mode that leads to constant stress. It is in that space where addictions take hold. Myrrh nourishes the soul and provides feelings of security and safety.
Lavender soothes and calms the spirit.
Eucalyptus creates the desire to shift into healthy habits.
Arborvitae is a peaceful and grounding oil. You will feel calm and rooted. This is important because addictions come from an unsettled spirit, which leads to consumptive energy.
Bergamot builds trust in yourself that you can make this change.
“May Flowers Bloom”- Emotional Balance Blend
“May Flowers Bloom” is used when you have come through a dark time. This helps the weary soul o see the blossoms of life begin to open and ring hope to the heart. Life is like a pendulum> there are times of difficulty, and times of oppurtunity.
“May Flowers Bloom” is an excellent blend to use during the transition time of difficulty to opportunity. You endure only so much hardship before light begins to shine.
Geranium allows you to trust that goodness is coming.
Lavender helps you to relax and receive the beauty that surrounds you.
Bergamot is a great regenerating oil for times when you are disheartened. It will also change your perception of reality from the “glass half/empty” to the “glass half/full”. You will see the magnificence in seemingly simple moments.
Wild Orange amplifies the delightful blossoms you see around you.
Ylang Ylang soothes and helps the heart from betrayal, allowing for openness once again.
Helichrysum removes the pain from traumatic relationships and restores confidence in humanity.
Tangerine allows you to take in the sweet scent of the blossoms.
Clary Sage provides a clear vision of the future, showing you a brighter path.
Addiction: A Difficult Dilemma
Whether its diet soda, overeating or something more serious like alcohol, addiction is a grave illness with drastic effects. People can gain weight, destroy their health or tear apart families if an addiction gets out of head. As a complex brain disease, addiction causes people to experience cravings that persist even in the face of extremely negative consequences. Evidence suggest that genetic susceptibilities and biological traits play a role in addictions, however, this disease doesn’t have to control our live.
What Can Be Done?
Recent genetic studies and technologies have improved the ability to monitor brain activity and have enabled a greater understanding of the way an addictive brain behaves. These efforts have made it possible to develop more effective medications for treating addictions. However, the unpredictable side effects of these medications can be dangerous and debilitating, not to mention extremely costly and still largely unproven.
Essential Oils: A Natural Solution
For centuries, people have sought after natural ways to promote health and wellness. Essential Oils have been proven to be a source of natural healing and provide expert health benefits without expensive copay’s or surprising side effects. Created from ingredients Mother Natured intended for our use, essential oils have a wide array of healing capabilities.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are life-enhancing gifts from the plant kingdom, revered for centuries for their restorative properties to the body, mind and spirit. Pure essential oils are a key solution to the challenges facing modern lifestyles.
Essential oils are freshly cultivated and distilled from plants, shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes and seeds. They contain oxygenated molecules that transport nutrients to the cells of the body. Without oxygen, nutrients can’t be assimilated, leaving us nutritionally depleted.
The therapeutic-grade essential oils deliver the positive benefits to the body through smell, direct absorption into the skin and normal digestive processes. Cleansing, calming, stimulating, soothing, essential oils bring balance to all systems of the body.
How Essential Oils Help Addictions?
Essential oils can be used as an alternative treatment for a variety of health issues. As a damaging illness, addiction should be considered serious and treated with the same intensity as other diseases. Recently it has become increasingly evident that there is a real connection between the healing effects of natural substances and the mental state of patients.
At a molecular level, essential oils clear away foreign matter blocking the normal functioning of nerve cells and organs, delete faulty information from cellular memory and repair DNA, allowing a patient or recover without negative side effects.
At the quantum level, which deals with cellular activity, there is an element of uncertainty that impacts outcomes. It is here that the choices of an individual can have an affect on the outcome. Therefore, mental attitudes in general like fear, doubt, hope, faith and prayer, may have lasting effects. As essential oils soothe, clarify and enhance mental function, the healing process of addiction takes place without the negative side effects of other medications.
Best Essential Oils for Addiction
This warm herbaceous scent is perfect for relaxation and has a calming influence for both the body and mind. As with addiction, mental clarity is superbly important, and chamomile soothes and refreshes the mind to promote healing.
Tips for use:
- Chamomile can be used in vapour therapy for nervous complaints, headaches and migraines.
- It can also be used in a blended massage oil, or diluted in the bath, to assist with addiction.
- Can be used in a cream base for diaper rash, burns and sunburn> also useful in general skincare, especially in treating allergic skin.
With an exotic, floral fragrance that relaxes, soothes and uplifts, jasmine is perfect for enhancing self confidence. It’s used primarily for balancing the energy of the body, leaving you mentally refreshed. Jasmine is also beneficial for the skin.
Tips for use:
- In vapour therapy, jasmine can be useful for treating addiction, lifting depression, easing nervousness, soothing coughs, promoting relaxation and easing tension.
- As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath, jasmine is great for helping to break addiction, lift postnatal depression, promote relaxation, ease muscle pain, soothe coughs, and reduce tension, stress and nervousness.
- Jasmine can be used in a cream or lotion for dry, greasy or sensitive skin, as well as to help reuduce stretch marks and other scars.
Enjoy sweet, soft, fragrance that will help reduce feelings of anger, tension and nervous irritability. Ylang ylang has also made a name for itself with its long history as skin and hair products. You’ll immediately at our best with the soothing influence of ylang ylang.
Tips for use:
- In vapour therapy, ylang ylang oil can be helpful with anxiety, tension, shock, fear, panic, rapid breathing, rapid heartbeat, physical exhaustion, frigidity, impotence insomnia, depression and stress.
- As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath, ylang ylang will assist with physical exhaustion, insomnia, frigidity, impotence, depression, anxiety, nervous tension and stress while having a calming and aphrodisiac effect.
- In a cream or lotion it is used to balance the production of sebum in the skin and thereby correcting and balancing overly-dry as well as overly-oily skin.
This warm, mellow, herbal scent is extremely uplifting and relaxing, making it a perfect choice for supporting a normal, healthy attitude. When dealing with addiction, attitude is essential. Clary Sage supports your mind, allowing for natural healing.
Tips for use:
- In vapour therapy, clary sage can be used for nervous tension, stress, depression, anxiety and insomnia.
- Clary sage can be diluted in the bath to assist with muscle pains, depression, anxiety, menstrual, stress, nervous tension, insomnia, cramps and addiction.
- Used in a cram or lotion, clary sage can be beneficial for skin problems, back pain and a stiff neck. It is particularly good for balancing the production of sebum of the skin and to clear greasy complexions.